Friday, June 3, 2011

confessions of a stay-at-home mom

Most days, I delude myself into thinking I can stay on top of the cleaning around here. With two little boys, I don't expect the house to be completely free of clutter, but my goal is to maintain some semblance of order in the majority of the rooms at any given time. Sometimes, though, I have to surrender to the mess. I look around and admit defeat in knowing that I cannot possibly pick up one more book, Lego, Goldfish cracker, or Hot Wheels vehicle. I see the dishes piling in the sink and the unmade beds and I simply walk right on by. My threshold for picking up things that will be completely demolished five minutes later is surpassed, and my mind can no longer compute the solution to the problem.

Today is one of those days.









I know these days come with my job description, and I'm hopeful things will look less daunting tomorrow. For now, I will wish you all a far more organized day (life?) than I am presently experiencing.

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

AnneMarie said...

Oh my. If that's what you call messy, I'm in big trouble. I can still see floor. You are easily on the clean side of the floor-to-toy ratio continuum.

Meg said...

Oh my gosh. A few Fridays ago I called Scott at work and told him, "I stopped parenting at approximately 2:30 and now we're heading to Osh so if you beat me home today I'm so sorry for what you're going to see." Sometimes they just get the better of the situation!

Merideth said...

This is why I love you guys!! Thank you for not judging me in my slovenly slump. :)