Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year

Happy 2013! I can't begin to express how much I love the feeling of a new year. The Christmas decorations are put away, the days are getting longer instead of shorter, and the extra holiday pounds are magically melting away. (Okay, so the last one is a bit of a stretch, but you never know!)


Before moving on completely, I thought it only appropriate to take a moment and reflect on some of our favorite kids' comments from 2012:


1. Ben:      Look at the moon! It looks like The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota!

2. Nolan:   Mom! Ben just called me a scurvy beast!

3. Ben:      Are there real crystals in my Crystal Light?

4. Me (after asking Nolan to close the door):  Wouldn't you be sad if you left the door open and
    Louis ran away?
    Nolan:   Yes, especially since it would cost a lot of money if we had to buy a new dog.

5.  Ben:      Look, guys! It's raining rats and dogs!

6.  Mike:    Nolan, what are you thinking about?
     Nolan:   I'm cold and your questions are making me weary.

7.  Ben:      Can I have Corned Beef Cash for breakfast?

8.  Nolan (after watching Mike change a tire on the car): Now I see why cars are so expensive.     
     They come with a jack, an extra tire, and all those tools in the trunk!

9.  Ben:      Can I have some little brown quarters?
     Me:       Huh?
     Ben:      You know. . . oh, I think they're called pennies.

10:Nolan (playing Scrabble):  Mom, is  w-h-o-r-e  a word?       

On that note, Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha xoxo grammy

Sara said...

this list is also the Top 10 Reasons You Need to Blog.