Wednesday, June 20, 2012

last day of first grade

Nolan was so excited for his last day of school that he could hardly sleep last night! For the end-of-the-year party, the kids got to have a special luau on the lawn, with limbo, tug of war, balloon toss, and lots of ice cream, of course. It was really very festive!



Nolan's best buddy this year is Jack (the tallest one below)


 

I'm especially glad Nolan had a good time at this party, since, in spite of several wonderful teachers, he is not really a fan of the whole school thing. When asked to write about what he will remember about his first grade experience, this is what he came up with:

In case you can't read his writing, here is the translation: "I have been annoyed of the talking in first grade. It has been kind of loud this year. I did not like talking really much. I did not like the talking in first grade."

Yep. There you have it. On to second grade, then!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm seriously giggling over here! Ha ha!
Heres hoping to a quieter second grade year! Ha ha!
Hilarious ( and honest!)

ElaineMallahan said...

Oddly, that pretty much sums up my year, too.