Wednesday, September 7, 2011

first grader



I know every mother in the world says this, but I can't believe I have a first grader! This morning was Nolan's first day of school and while he wasn't thrilled to be going, the morning went as well as could be expected, after a nervous, sleepless night by both us. Among his list of objections to going to first grade: "I don't know the answer to 1000 divided by 3." Luckily, his teacher, Mrs. Nunn, is as nice as pie and has a fabulous reputation with her former students. Here's hoping we have a fantastic school year!









4 comments:

Sara said...

I think I said this a couple weeks ago, but, he is getting so grown up, and so handsome :)

Happy First Grade!

Merideth said...

Thanks, Sara! It is really fun to watch them all grow. I'm bummed we didn't get to see you guys this summer, but hopefully it will happen before next summer. :)

AnneMarie said...

And I just returned from dropping off my first grader, who also admitted to being a little nervous. I have had weird 1st grade dreams all week. Fingers crossed that our little men settle in nicely. Congratulations, momma, on making it this far.

Merideth said...

AnneMarie, I can't wait to get together and compare notes. Here's hoping both our first graders have a better year!