Tuesday, January 11, 2011

one little monkey. . .

. . . jumping off the couch! Yep, this is the face of our little resident Evel Knievel, who knows he's not even supposed to stand on the couch (let alone jump on it) but who waits to do so until I'm in the kitchen, where he knows I can't see him. Nice, huh? Usually, his war cry of choice -- "To infinity and beyond!" -- is followed by a loud thud as he jumps from the couch to the carpet. But, apparently that wasn't challenging enough for him last night, when he attempted to jump over his brother's Imaginext castle. Sigh.



Now I was already a little bummed about all these scratches on his face, since we'd be making our first impression this morning at our new play group for two-year olds, when I had my own mishap with an at-home hair dying kit. Honestly, how hard is it to dye brown hair brown?? Apparently, for me, it's pretty hard. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it'll give you the idea.



Fortunately, our new group was wonderful and welcomed us in, with our scratches, stripey hair and all!


With nine two-year-olds to play with, Ben had a fantastic morning. Here he is with his new friend, Ryan, who is only two months younger. Fun!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, Sister! I am not even sure where to begin. :)