Friday, August 20, 2010
toothy
This morning, Nolan lost his FIRST TOOTH! And, yes, I know some of you are going to think it gross that I'm including a picture of the actual tooth, but since Nolan declined to pose for a traditional just-lost-my-first-tooth photo, I had little else to work with for documenting purposes. Actually, Nolan not only refused a photo session, he also made it clear that he didn't wish to discuss the experience at all. Even when I launched into my tooth fairy speil, he completely shut me down. He actually gave me the hand. I dropped the topic for the rest of the day, but right before bed this evening, I convinced him that it would be worth his while to put his tooth under his pillow, and I asked, "What do you think the tooth fairy might leave for you?" His response was a big sigh and then this: "Oh, Mom. You just get what you get." Not sure, but I think he may be humoring me. That and/or he's embarrassed that his mom still believes in the tooth fairy. In any case, I'm amazed by this kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so, was he happy in the morning?
he may believe a bit more once he finds his shiny coins or crisp dollar bills!
Jack pulled his top one out on vacation...on his own...without drama like the first 2.
He looks so much older!
He was actually happier, although still cautious, this morning, when he found four quarters in place of his tooth. We thought he'd prefer the quarters since he likes to use them for rides at the mall, but he informed us that the quarters he got from the tooth fairy were state quarters. Apparently state quarters are for collecting, and not for using. Honestly!
I am one of the ones who think it is totally gross that you took a picture of the tooth! :)
Post a Comment