Friday, July 30, 2010

"Daddy, it's been a really balloony day."




That's what Chariman Mao here had to say to me at bed time tonight (it's Mike again, by the way). I wasn't there, but apparently Merideth bought the boys a couple balloons as a treat, which Ben promptly released back into the wild as soon as nobody was looking. Chaos ensued, which was alleviated only when I showed up later with 2 new balloons. ("That'll be $3.26" said the cashier at the 99-cent store as I handed her 2 balloons. Whole 'nother story. I digress.) These balloons had little weights at the ends of the ribbons, so everything was cool. Until Ben figured out how to untie the weight on his new balloon with his little 2-year old fingers and "Free Willy" once again, throwing the backyard into chaos again. So yeah, it's been a really balloony day.

Oh, and the outfit? Yeah, he picked it out. I don't know what to tell you, except he really loves soft clothing, and he really loves red. So he's either a communist, or he's the next Hugh Hefner -- I honestly can't decide which one I'm less excited about. But then he smiles at you like this, and you forget everything else. For a while.



So I gotta go; it's been a really balloony day.

No comments: