Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"Here. It's Myrrh. Happy Birthday."

Mike again. Yeah, I know, but Merideth is in full Christmas preparation mode...you know how it is. Anyhoo, it was Christmas Performance time at Nolan's preschool this week, the very first of approximately 25 we can expect to cherish over the course of the both boys' upbringing, so you can imagine the event got its due attention. Nolan was given the role of one of the 3 kings. So, you know, shuffle solemnly up to the manger, then stand over to the side and don't say anything. All in all, an inspired casting decision by his teacher, who obviously knows him pretty well -- not exactly the next Mick Jagger, our boy.

Still, we were extremely proud, and he looked pretty darn cute in the crown and robe. And really, isn't that what its all about anyways?










After the big production, most of the preschool class reveled in cheer and holiday cookies, while The Man In Black there brooded over his apple juice. Maybe he was still method acting? "I may have arrived safely at the manger, but what route to take home to avoid that cursed King Herod?..." For all I know, I just witnessed a young Brando's first masterpiece. Hey, I'm his dad -- they're all masterpieces to me.

1 comment:

Sara said...

i knew it was mike, just by reading the title :)
cute pics...what a sweet king!