Saturday, August 29, 2009

starry starry morning


Given all of Nolan's interest in the solar system, we made an impromptu trip up to Griffith Observatory this morning. It was really fun! We arrived just in time for the first planetarium show under the dome, but we only got about five minutes in before Nolan decided he was not a fan of the darkness and creepy voice overs, and we had to leave. Other than that, though, the observatory museum was a huge hit with both boys, with plenty of buttons for small hands to push and more than enough room for toddlers to roam. We're already looking forward to returning for another visit soon.


learning about the planets


striking a giddy pose


sharing a moment with Einstein


rotating Mercury (I think)

5 comments:

Sara said...

Jack and Ken went there, too, during our space phase...there is a good one in San Diego, too. Well, not as good, but there was a cool exhibit when we went...

Merideth said...

Great to know about the one in San Diego, Sara. Thanks!

Kitty said...

Oh my word!!!!!! In the last pic it looks like Benji has a halo becuase of the circular object behind him!!! Love all the pics!!!

Merideth said...

That's so funny, Kitty! I didn't even notice that before.

Kitty said...

Ya I just started cracking up and Mom was like what are you laughing at? And i was like this picture. I just thought it was so cute!
Love you!